1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,136 Posts
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The Founders left behind no ambiguity in describing what they meant to do in reflecting this pre-existing natural right of all in the Bill of Rights. Their letters, correspondence, and broadsheet editorials on the matter are stunning in their clear uniformity.

We, the People, are the militia, an obvious fact also codified in federal law.

We, the citizenry, are to be armed with weapons of contemporary military utility against both common savages, and those who imagine themselves fit to rule over men instead of serving them.

Perhaps Founding Father Tench Coxe explained it best in 1799 in the Philadelphia Aurora as tensions arose between Federalists and Republicans:

Do you wish to preserve your rights? Arm yourselves. Do you desire to secure your dwellings? Arm yourselves. Do you wish your wives and daughters protected? Arm yourselves. Do you wish to be defended against assassins or the Bully Rocks of faction? Arm yourselves. Do you desire to assemble in security to consult for your own good or the good of your country? Arm yourselves. To arms, to arms, and you may then sit down contented, each man under his own vine and his own fig-tree and have no one to make him afraid….If you are desirous to counteract a design pregnant with misery and ruin, then arm yourselves; for in a firm, imposing and dignified attitude, will consist your own security and that of your families. To arms, then to arms.

The increasing small and desperate progressive faction within the Democrat Party feels their chance to “make the world a better place” is slipping away, as they’ve lost a thousand elected seats nationwide, and stand to lose many more in 2016. They are manufacturing the fiction of a “gun violence epidemic” as their last,, best chance of establishing themselves as rulers, even as violence committed with firearms continues to plummet.

Let me take this opportunity to calmly and rationally offer my rebuttal to the VA AG...

I will not give up my guns. You will have to try to take them.

One of us will die.

I will not give up combat-capable rifles, their standard-capacity, 30-round magazines, nor any kind of ammunition that I see fit to run through these guns. I will not give up my combat-capable shotgun, designed to kill a human being the first time, every time with one well-aimed blast of plated buckshot. I will not give up my high-capacity semi-automatic pistols that I can hide under almost any kind of clothing without a hint that I’m armed at all, nor will I give up the hollowpoint ammunition that fills them. You will not take my long-range precision rifle, with which I control anything within a half-mile of my position.

I am one of 100 million armed American citizens, trained in the use of small arms by military and police trainers who want citizens to be armed against an increasingly tyrannical government.

We are free men... and we will not submit to you or your rules that rob us of our God Given right to self protection...not now...not ever !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.