XD Forums banner

101 - 120 of 1721 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
-11 and clear!:( Where's the freezing emoticons?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,136 Posts
Mornin' 70's....does Reno usually get this much snow and rain this time of the year !!

I was out in the Mojave Desert a few years back with my wife on a rented Harley Fatboy

cruising and taking in the sights...Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire, Mouse's Tank...on her

birthday ( Dec 12th ) and it had just snowed in the mountains...beautiful !!

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Right now here in the state of South Carolina.

57 degrees and rain.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well it is 1:00 AM here in West palm Beach and cold 70 degrees on my back porch. Bout time to get out the flannel shirts:D

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Sunny and 55 degrees here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
32, cloudy, high 50.

·
33 Posts
Yesterday 8 inches of snow. Today 38 degrees and heavy rain.

·
Load Bearing Wall
150 Posts
Mornin' 70's....does Reno usually get this much snow and rain this time of the year !!

Usually more, snow anyway. The norm is snow by Halloween, and the ski areas around Tahoe & Truckee always start howling if they don't have a 12" base & can't open by Thanksgiving. The elevation is somewhat higher than most people think, my house is just north of town, and sits at 5320' above sea level. The jetstream & Pacific Ocean really dictate the snowfall here, when the jetstream drops down you get the arctic air mass with it. The last few years have been pretty unpredictable though. But with mountain weather, the old saying holds true. If you don't like the weather, just wait a bit, 'cause it'll change.

Snowing today, not much though, and it's supposed to be clear skies tonight, & cold. Down around 10 degrees out here probably.

·
Registered
349 Posts
49, sunny. Took the Harley for a short ride.:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
34, cloudy, high of 47.

·
Registered
349 Posts
42, high wind warning till 22:00

101 - 120 of 1721 Posts