Weekends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shooter, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What do you guys do most weekends? I'm not talking about special occasions, I mean how do you spend your down time?

I'm going to get some alone time this weekend and I'm starting a Mancala board project using native woods. Should be an interesting build.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Fridays... usually entail friends and our favorite watering hole

Saturday...date night with the wife...sometimes have friends over the house

Sunday...down time after church, depends on the weather...

3. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Now that the snow is gone we spend a lot of weekends at hunting camp. Spring clean up and just enjoying the quiet. No phone, power, neighbors or other distractions. Just good times in the woods and some relaxing.

4. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Pretty much, all in the air, however, end of April opens camping season, and the weekends will be spent, at the camper, next to a camp fire, beer in hand.

5. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Most weekends I work part time for a gun shop that does the gun shows also. The other weekends, my youngest son races in the Soap Box Derby.
    On the rare free weekends now, we go riding to no particular destination or ride with friends on poker runs and such.

6. Mijo

Mijo New Member

My wife and I usually go out for breakfast then catch up on things that need done around the house while enjoying a few cigars. ;) Driving range with my two boys to practice again while enjoying a few cigars. ;) The rest is "up in the air".

7. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I am the mechanic, tire changer, fuel guy, on my sons race car. He runs a modified BMW M3 mostly at the local race tracks road course every other weekend and several races at Road Atlanta and Sebring during the summer. Other weekends I shoot or just plop on the couch.

8. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I wish we had a date night. A few more months it seems.

I found a good sized log for my project. It's cedar and from a fallen tree. I'm going to split it this afternoon and see if it's still good.