XD Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up my XDS this morning from Academy here in Houston. I noticed on the case it say's "Banned in California" I hope this isn't beating a dead horse, I just thought that it was kinda strange?

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
I picked up my XDS this morning from Academy here in Houston. I noticed on the case it say's "Banned in California" I hope this isn't beating a dead horse, I just thought that it was kinda strange?

California has some weird requirements and I believe the magazine disconnect disqualified the XD-S.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yesterday I spent close to an hour looking for a picture, to no avail, that was taken on the border of Crazyfornia and Mexico showing illegals crossing back into Mexico. The caption read "No Work In California" I also read where 254 businesses moved out of the state in the last year with more contemplating a move before the new tax laws take effect. Many went to surrounding states. Is Telsa Motors next? They just announced opening a facility in Europe.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I'm not sure why exactly.

I know you can have gen 1, 2, and 3 Glocks in Cali, but not Gen 4 because the Gen 4 has not been through the california 'drop test' yet.

I've also heard of some type of work around to get the Gen 4 in California, but I don't recall what the hoops were you had to jump through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts