XD and XD Mod 2 magazines?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Joezilla, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Joezilla

Joezilla New Member

Are the magazines for the XD and the XD Mod 2 interchangeable? or should I just buy magazines labeled for the Mod 2?

I am purchasing a Mod 2 the first week of April, probably in FDE and am starting to think about accessories for it now. I went today and bought 300 rounds of 9mm ammo from American Eagle.

Joe

2. Scorpio61

Scorpio61 New Member

I've heard they are but if you're going to buy the mod2 then I'd just recommend buying mod2 gear.

3. ebntx

ebntx New Member

According to Springfield Armory's website; the XD40 and XD40 Mod 2 use the exact same magazine (SKU XD1940). This is for the .40 S&W but, I'm sure it's the same for the 9mm models as well.

4. JoeUSooner

JoeUSooner JoeUSooner

Yes, the two guns use the same magazines. I had extra magazines for my old 4" XD, and kept those extras when I traded in the old XD for a new Mod2... the old mags fit and function perfectly

5. Joezilla

Joezilla New Member

That is good to know. When I saw magazines at Cabela's, I could not determine which were for the older model so I didn't buy any.

Joe

6. SoFloMod2

SoFloMod2 New Member

Yes, they are interchangeable. Thank god. I have 10 magazines from prior XDs that all fit my new Mod2. Makes range days a lot more fun. Get to spend your time shooting, and not reloading.

7. Scorpio61

Scorpio61 New Member

But if buying new why not just get the mod2 mags? Is there a cost difference?

8. ebntx

ebntx New Member

Actually, they're not just "interchangeable" they are the EXACT same magazines. Well, at least for the standard capacity mags; they are the SAME part number. The high-capacity mags are the same functionally; the only difference being the Mod-2 mags have Grip Zone texturing for your pinky finger. However, XD, XD(M), and XD-S are not interchangeable between the different models.

Attached Files:

9. Joezilla

Joezilla New Member

So, no extended mags with the FDE pinky area yet?

Joe