Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I find out when my XD was manufactured

I own a XD® MOD.2™ – 3″ Sub-Compact Model 9MM

Any help would be appreciated thank you
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Don't yet own a Mod.2, but with the older XD's I'm pretty sure that if you have the spent shell that's typically included, then the date on it is when the gun was assembled, or within a day or two. You can also contact SA and ask them.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Just a thought, if you do contact SA, it'd be interesting to know if the date they give you and the date on the spent casing envelope line up. Please let us know.

·
XD .45 Tactical
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a thought, if you do contact SA, it'd be interesting to know if the date they give you and the date on the spent casing envelope line up. Please let us know.
Well this is very strange to me - They do not line up.:confused:

I called Springfield - lady says my gun was manufactured in 11/14 - spent shell case date 6/11/14.

I check the serial number on case - gun - spent shell case envelope - they all match.

Wonder why it says the shell was fired 6 months before the gun was made??:eek:

Anyone have any ideas? I even waited a day and re-called Springfield - got different lady - she also said 11/14.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I can guess why... ( that's a lie, I know exactly why). The date on the envelope IS the true date of manufacture. The date SA gave you is when THEY received it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe they are using the date format the rest of the world uses since they are manufactured in Croatia. The date could be 11/6/14 here in the us. In other countries the date would be written 6/11/14. Just a thought though.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Maybe they are using the date format the rest of the world uses since they are manufactured in Croatia. The date could be 11/6/14 here in the us. In other countries the date would be written 6/11/14. Just a thought though.

alter1 called that one! Good thought though Nlopez... :metal2:

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's interesting to know. I knew they were originally a Croatian design but thought they were manufactured in Genesio Illinois.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.