• I am having problems

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • sent back to spring field and fixed

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • got rid of it

Votes: 0 0.0%

Xd-s 45

24K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  threetango 
Finally got a chance to shoot mine and put about 30 rds thru it with no problems. It also carries concealed very well.

No I have two of them and they have both been flawless for a few thousand rds so far.
But gun never failed.

I have heard a lot of neg reports on these guns so thats the reason for the poll just want to know how these little guns are doing.

I like it I think they great little guns.
I haven't seen a lot of posts about problems with the XDS ad if you have fired a few thousand rds your hand must be in need of icing down. :confused:

Welcome Maverick.

I have out the mag in with the slide racke back an pressed the slide release button on the side. That was the first jam. After I cleared that round, I thought I would cycle the remaining six ( I didn't shoot, just manually ejected each round by pulling the slide to the rear) and at least every other one Jammed or the brass on the edge I the round would catch on different parts of the chamber. Any other ideas?
Went out this afternoon and shot 28 rds thru the 7rd mag from Springfield and had no FTF or FTE's so I don't know what to tell you. other than clean and lube you weapon well and maybe after some rds thru it, it will improve.
Let us know ?

Same thing happened to my wife when she was qualifying for her CCP when the gun would not shoot correctly. Instructor showed her a tighter grip and the weapon fired fine.
So I'm in agreement that might be the problem as mine fires as it's suppose too.

Ok what I was saying is I cycled my weapon ( after the first jam) and cycled the next six rounds ( not shot) and every other round hangs up or jams...... This is factory fmj ammo.
Back to SA.

Just to join in, mine has been flawless as well. I have 4 7-round mags and 2 5-round mags and all feed everything I've run through it. I don't "limp wrist" any of my guns though.
Dont'cha just hate a limp wrist !:D

Yep, it took a while to get mine but the wait was worth it.
I have been carrying it since I got my Talon holster for it and it carries well.

Nice write up Bob. I suggest you load the 7 rd mags fully and unload a couple of times to loosen the spring up as it helped mine to feed better.

Welcome to the XD forum, drop by introductions and tell us a little about yourself.

Maybe back to Springfield as it has a lifetime warranty .
I never had that problem with my XDs 45.

Welcome to the XDForum Lshooter, glad you like the weapon.

Welcome Knordman.
Let us know the outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.