XD9 Mod 2 with Grip zone.

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by threetango, Dec 14, 2014.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Hickok45 shoots the Mod2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_5aJXCNv0[/ame]

2. wvjoetc

wvjoetc SA XD9

Good video, thanks for putting it up!

3. DBCooper

DBCooper New Member

Just picked up a mod 2 in 9mm and returned from the range. After 250 rounds of Remington, Winchester, and Speer, in 115gr and 124gr, not a single issue. This is a very nice shooter, very accurate.

This is a personal thing, but I don't care for the "Grip Zone" marketing on the grip itself (i do like the texturing however), so I used some Talon rubberized grip material and custom cut two pieces to cover the sides. Providing slightly more grip, and covering the Grip Zone text

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the XDForum.

Good to see you spending some of that money you parachuted with. ;)

5. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Welcome DBCooper.

How was the landing? Hope you did not get your feet wet :)

6. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum DB. I handled a Mod.2 at my LGS. Definitely on my short list. I'm not a fan of the "grip zone" either, but it didn't bother me as much when I actually saw the gun. To me, the "grip zone" seems much more prominent in pics than it does when I saw it in person.

7. DBCooper

DBCooper New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys -

Bought my first Springfield about 4 months ago - XDs45 - which has become my regular carry firearm. But this Mod2 is going to get rotated in to my carry routine as soon as I get a few more rounds through it.

Got a chance to handle it at my local store and really liked it, rented one and shot really well with it, the clincher was it was $50 less than the older model.