Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hickok45 shoots the Mod2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_5aJXCNv0[/ame]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up a mod 2 in 9mm and returned from the range. After 250 rounds of Remington, Winchester, and Speer, in 115gr and 124gr, not a single issue. This is a very nice shooter, very accurate.

This is a personal thing, but I don't care for the "Grip Zone" marketing on the grip itself (i do like the texturing however), so I used some Talon rubberized grip material and custom cut two pieces to cover the sides. Providing slightly more grip, and covering the Grip Zone text

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the XDForum.

Good to see you spending some of that money you parachuted with. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Welcome to the forum DB. I handled a Mod.2 at my LGS. Definitely on my short list. I'm not a fan of the "grip zone" either, but it didn't bother me as much when I actually saw the gun. To me, the "grip zone" seems much more prominent in pics than it does when I saw it in person.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys -

Bought my first Springfield about 4 months ago - XDs45 - which has become my regular carry firearm. But this Mod2 is going to get rotated in to my carry routine as soon as I get a few more rounds through it.

Got a chance to handle it at my local store and really liked it, rented one and shot really well with it, the clincher was it was $50 less than the older model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts