XD9 Mod2 Review

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by threetango, Nov 24, 2014.

1. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

I'm looking forward to seeing/feeling one. My son talked me out of my XD9SC a while back. I could see a bi-tone 9mm Mod.2 in my future...

2. Winnsome

Winnsome New Member

I own one. Shot it today. My son and I shot 400 rounds through it this afternoon. No misfires, different brands of ammo used. Fired right from the box, and right on target. It is one sweet feeling, good looking, and didn't even notice the almost non recoil. I love this pistol. Became my new ccw

3. tazo2503

Thanks for the review Winnsome. Do you have the 9mm or the .40?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  4. Winnsome

Winnsome New Member

I own the 9mm. I have the XDs in 9 mm and 45. Have a Beretta 92 in the 40. When I bought and shot the Mod 2, I fell in love with it, so I sold the XDs 9mm to my son's father in law. The Mod 2 is my new CCW. It shot extremely accurate right out of the box, and felt so good. After 400 rounds, we still wanted to shoot it, but that was all the ammo we brought. We did take the XDs in 45 and shot 50 rounds through it as well.

5. tazo2503

LGS just got one in. It feels good in my hand. I really like the new grip texture. I'm not a fan of the gimmicky labeling, but to me, the "grip zone" doesn't look as bad on the actual gun as it does in the photos. There's now an even better chance of a 9mm bi-tone in my future...

6. azleatherneck

azleatherneck New Member

Own one, LOVE it.

9mm

Mags from XD line work fine.

7. wedel718

wedel718 New Member

Really stuck on deciding if I want the xds 9mm or the xd sub compact mod 2 what are your guys opinions?

8. tazo2503

The XDs has a slimmer profile, so for conceal-ability it wins hands down. However, with flush fit magazines you're giving up 6 extra rounds though versus the Mod.2.

I'm still struggling to adjust to the more aggressive grip texture of the XD(m) and the XDs. For this reason, I traded out of my XD(m)40C and my XDs9. Both guns were flawless performers, just not really "for me". This hasn't proven to be an issue for 3T (threetango), or most of the others here.

I'm currently saving up to get a Mod.2 9mm. My XD40SC is my favorite gun. I really love the feel. So for me, the Mod.2 is just that bit better...

9. Winnsome

Winnsome New Member

XD Mod2

I have now shot 1000 rounds through my new 9mm XD Mod 2.

I love shooting this pistol. So easy and fun. Even my 8 year old grandson says it's fun. I still have the XDs in 45 and love shooting it, but the Mod 2 is much more fun. Easier to shoot. If I had to buy only one, it would be the Mod2. I sold my XDs in 9mm to my son's father-in-law.

10. azleatherneck

azleatherneck New Member

XD m2 fits my hand better than the xds I love it I may also look at the xdm compact 3.8 maybe that's the magic unicorn short grip 3.8 barrel to help with velocity but I'm getting the following out of my XD m2
    124 nato 1140 ish
    124 hor custom 1070 ish
    Prograde Barnes copper +p 1120 ish
    115 hor critical defense 1050 ish

All on my crono

Current carry prograde +p with Barnes copper 115s

The ONLY negative I have is the large drop in velocity verses my 4" XD I know it's expected from a 3" but that's the only reason I'm looking at the XDM 3.8 compact

11. tazo2503

12. wedel718

wedel718 New Member

Thank you! Great post!

13. Darkrio

Darkrio New Member

I just picked up the mod.2 in 40 cal. What CC holster does everyone use for this gun. I am looking at the N82 holster. I was recommened it a while back. What do you think? I know every oppinion is different.

14. Winnsome

Winnsome New Member

I like the Alien Gear the best. And they are even a sponsor here.

15. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I like Davis Holsters in northern Arizona.

http://davisleathercompany.com/