XD Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pro and cons for either. Leaning toward the XDm. Anybody have either of both and has input would be great.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,136 Posts
Welcome to the XD Forum hillbillygrunt !!

I own the Gen 3 G30SF...carry it everyday !!

The SF model reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear, or "back strap," offering increased comfort and control, especially for shooters with smaller hands.

Total Length: 6.97 inches
Total Height: 4.45 inches
Total Width: 1.28 inches
Barrel Length: 3.78 inches
Loaded Weight ( 10 rounds ) approx 33.69 ounces

Don't own an XDm...cannot comment on that.

·
36 Posts
Just got a XDm 3.8 45 compact last Month and am very happy with it.
I have big hands so I put a pearce grip extension for the 9 round mag and put a set of truglo tfo's on it.
Feels great in my hands, I do most of my range time shooting at 25 yards and it is just as accurate or I shoot it just as accurate as my 4.5 XDM 45.
I also like Glocks so it comes down to what feels good to you and what you shoot better JMO...
XD's & XDM's feel better for me but you should try both and do what is good for you.;)

·
Sometimes lucky!
281 Posts
Opinions are like ... well, you know ... everybody's got one. At the end of the day the only opinion that will matter is yours. Your hand has to fit the gun, period.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up an XDm .45 but I chose the 4.5 because my carry is a G23 or G26. The XDm replaced a G21 gen 4 that I had ejection issues with, but I also didn't like the grip. XDm just feels better in my medium size hands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an XDM9 and an XDM40 (both 4.5). Both feel good in my hand. Had a G22, good gun, but it did not seem to feel as good in my hand as either of the XDMs. A Glock with the changeable backstraps might be better, but I will stick with the XDMs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts