XD Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I read that they are working on the 9 and the 40. It did not have a date when.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Next to last paragraph in the American Rifleman article makes reference to it stating "that Springfield already has plans to produce the pistol in "other popular calibers" in the future, according to Williams." Dave Williams is head of Springfield's custom shop in Geneseo, Ill. (Now I did read into the article as 9mm and 40 S&W are the other most popular calibers.). In due time they are coming. They have already completed the hardest work with the .45acp.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
From the AR article.

There’s no question that the XD-S is special because of its chambering, but those who find its other attributes enough to recommend it will be pleased to know that Springfield already has plans to produce the pistol in “other popular calibers” in the future, according to Williams.

·
10 Posts
I've emailed Springfield a few times and there standard response is 2-4 months. I've been waiting for a XDS 9 mm also. I want it for my carry gun. I have a 9mm XD SC now, looking forward to a lighter & smaller carry gun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I couldn't wait any longer for the XDs in 9 to come out, so I got a Sig P938 shoots great.

·
Lurker
1 Posts
I am the proud owner of an XD-S (45 cal). If you also have one, then take a look on the backside of the holster paddle. It reads "XDS-PH1" which I assume is the part number to the paddle holder... and just under that ".45Acp .40 9mm." Since neither my 40 or 9mm XD pistols fit the holster, I assume that this holster was designed to fit a 40 cal or 9mm XD-S. Perhaps this is the additional evidence that you are looking for pointing to the eventual sale of an XD-S in 9mm. But patience is warranted.

sic semper tyrannis

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Welcome sgosnell.

Pretty good chance on that. It was mentioned by one of the Springer guys in an article but when is the question.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
From what I understand the XDS 9mm should be released this week at the SHOT show, can't say where I heard it from but the source is reliable....
Even if they release the XDS 9mm at the SHOT show I would be willing to bet it will 5-6 months before they are available to buy, like it was with the XDS 45 from Springfield.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
XDs 9mm range vid at shot show

[ame]http://youtu.be/5rqsK78EzkY[/ame]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts