XD Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

My son bought an XDS a couple months ago hand has had some issues with function.

Using Federal PD ammo:
Doesn't extract every single round. Round is sometimes pulled rearward until rim contacts or just passes the mouth of the next round in the magazine, other times it fails to extract at all and is found fully chambered with the next round jammed against the chambered empty brass.
Last round ejects most of the time but will occasionally be left half out of chamber with slide locked to rear.​

With Winchester PDX1 and Hornady Critical defense:
Functions but throws brass inconsistently:
90 Degrees to the right
Over right shoulder
Over left shoulder
Barely over top of gun to fall at left foot​

Extractor seems to have good pressure and moves smoothly within it's cutout.

I'm having him polish the round stripper rail and slide rails just for S&G but I'd like to know what is actually causing this issue. Until it's fixed he's stuck with his Glock which doesn't hide on his skinny waist very well.

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Welcome and let us know the results.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome!

Did you purchase the pistol used? If so, it may have been previously fed a big diet of steel-cased ammunition. Maybe rounded, slightly worn or otherwise damaged extractor. Also, check the ejector for any sign of damage, etc.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.