XDS parts

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by AVGuy, Dec 2, 2013.

1. AVGuy

AVGuy New Member

I cant find a website that sells parts and accessories for the XDS 45. Looking for extended slide stop and extended mag release. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. AVGuy

AVGuy New Member

I would also be interested in a GAP magazine floorplate if they make one.

3. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Moderator

Hey AVGuy, welcome to the forum. Please post up in the "introductions" sub and introduce yourself.

As for your query, check out pistolgear.com...

http://www.pistolgear.com

4. AVGuy

AVGuy New Member

Thanks for the info

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Welcome AVGuy, drop by the intro section and tell us a little about yourself.

6. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Welcome AVGuy.

Don't be shy, hit the intro section and say a little something.

7. AVGuy

AVGuy New Member

pistolgear.com wants 45 dollars for a slide stop. Really? Not going to happen.

8. 45xds

45xds New Member

Has anybody heard of Galloway Precision
    They make a 25% heavier recoil assembly
    for $40 I am going to try it out as soon as they are back in stock.I will give you some feedback

9. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Why are you going to try this part? Are you having some problem with your XDs?

10. 45xds

45xds New Member

To reduce some of the recoil. because I was at the range yesterday and shot .45 Xds that had one of the Galloway Precision recoil springs in it. You could run out the whole mag as fast as you could and it shoots like a .22 LR ,at 21 ft. 7 rounds in a 3" group with no muzzle flip

11. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

That's interesting. Thanks.

12. 45xds

45xds New Member

Yea it was pretty cool it felt like I was running a race gun at a competition

13. 45xds

45xds New Member

Also pistolgear.com sells a lot of stuff for Xds

14. TwoThirtyGr

TwoThirtyGr New Member

Galloway xds guide rod

45xds,
    Did you (or anyone, actually) ever get your Galloway Precision 25%+ dual spring guide rod for your XDs .45? How did it function? I have a hard time picturing an XDs .45 being tamed town to feel like a .22lr with no muzzle flip. Although I have never tried anything from Galloway Precision in any XDs, but I would sure like to try it. The heavier dual springs on GP's guide rod will slow the slide movement during recoil which should absorb a little more recoil and lessen a little muzzle flip. But these are supposed to be most effective with +P loads and hot loads in general, meaning less effective and even possibly unreliable with less powerful loads. Have you tried shooting any 185gr FMJ/JHP's with the GP 25%+ guide rod? I wonder how they would perform overall with this guide rod.

Thanks,
    :waving: 230gr :machinegun

15. Scoob

Scoob New Member

How much did the change cost? I have no problem with the recoil from my "stock" XD Mod.2 45. However if the change isn't too expensive and other owner find it helpful. I am always looking for an upgrade. I own my for Home defense while I carry my XD MOD 2 9mm for CC with my back up Ruger LCR 357

16. threetango

threetango Moderator Moderator

Not sure you will get an answer from this guy.
    He has only posted twice in the last 6 months. ( last post in June)