XDs trigger

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by MSweet, Apr 26, 2014.

1. MSweet

MSweet New Member

I took the new xds 4.0 to the range today and it shot really well. The only thing I didn't relish was trigger pull. Seems a bit heavy. I'm hoping it just needs a few more rds through it to loosen everything up. Anyone else notice a bit of a heavy trigger on the xds?

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Well, the XDs trigger is kind of trashy compared to a nice 1911 but then it is a totally different kind of pistol. For it's intended use I find the trigger to be OK. It's not a 25 yard target pistol, it's concealable pistol for close range self defense and for that use it functions quite well.

My 2¢

3. MSweet

MSweet New Member

I can appreciate that. I was just comparing it to my xd service model and it's night and day. Service model is a ton lighter.

4. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Mine have the same trigger pull, there is no noticeable difference between the service model and the XDs. Either both of mine are trashy or perhaps your XDs does have a problem.

5. MSweet

MSweet New Member

I have buddy with the xds 3.3 I'll have to give his a squeeze and see if there's a difference. If so I guess I'll have to see where to go from there.

6. MSweet

MSweet New Member

This thread is the reason for another thread I started about Dry firing before you buy. I wish I had the presence of thought to ask to dry fire it before I bought it. Hind sight is always 20-20.

7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I don't know if this would be the solution for you, but my XDs trigger was heavier and "grittier" feeling after it was returned from the recall. Before I ever took it to the range, I got some snap caps, and dry fired it 200 times or so over the course of a couple evenings while sitting on the couch.

In my gun's case, it made a tremendous difference, and I am VERY pleased with how it feels an shoots today.

8. MSweet

MSweet New Member

I will give that a try. Thanks for the info. I also disassembled the gun and cleaned and oiled all I could get to. Seemed to help a little bit with the gritty part. It really wasn't that dirty seeing I just bought it last Thursday and have only 50rds through it. But it did seem to have a few dry spots where the trigger bar contacts other components.

9. hillbilly_83

hillbilly_83 New Member

I just got my xds .45 last week. I am used to firing a glock 23 .40 the trigger is a little bit heavier. But I very much love shooting it and so far 100 RDS flawless

10. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

XDTriggers

It should loosen up as you keep putting rounds through it.? My 4" XD40 Service Model was like that at first, But then loosen up,After a good cleaning with my EEZOX Lub etc.The Triggers on the XD's are much like the Glock Triggers.? :cool:

11. Rotorheadv8

Rotorheadv8 New Member

They are better than the Glock triggers. The Glock is not a true single action. When you pull the trigger, you are also pulling the striker back to full cock. The XD's striker is full cocked when the slide goes back and the pull of the trigger simply releases it. You XD trigger will likely improve te more you use it. A couple of thousand rounds and it will will really smooth out. All 3 of my XDs have improved with shooting.

I will admit the Gen 4 Glocks have a decent trigger.

Factory Certified XD/XDm Armorer
    State Certified Firearms Trainer
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    Concealed Carry Instructor
    Concealed Carry since '89
    1 shooting
    Capt USMCR (Ret)